With the rising popularity in crypto assets and the influx of new projects jumping on the blockchain, there’s more diversity in the crypto space now, than ever before. Choosing which projects are a worthy investment, which should be followed and which should be avoided can be analysed in our WCA model (in the latter section of The Cryptocurrency Handbook).
There can be another, more fulfilling layer of qualification that can be applied with your analysis before making any decision to invest. Does the project solve a need, does it help the environment, the economy, the community or does it impact politics in some way? Here is a list of our top cryptocurrency picks which aim to solve at least one of these issues:
Ethical Cryptocurrency List
- An energy marketplace; decentralized buying and selling of renewable energy
- POWR tokens can be converted into SPARKZ, which can then be used to transact in the energy exchange market
- ICO was the 14th largest crowdfunder in the world, and the largest funded crypto asset project in Australia
- Partnerships include Vector, Nest Energy, Project Brainstorm, Greenwood Solutions, National Lifestyle Villages, Origin energy & Bancor
- Currently listed on Binance, Bittrex, Cryptopia, Kucoin, Gate.io, EtherDelta and others
- Blogging and social networking website on the blockchain
- Poblishers, content curators & creators can get rewarded with STEEM.
- Dan Larimer, creator of BitShares & EOS is a founder alongside Ned Scott.
- Similar to Reddit, posts can get upvoted and receive comments
- Currently listed on UpBit, Binance, Bitrex, Poloniex and others
- Managed to raise $40 million from 22,933 contributors during its ICO
- The aim is to create global access to capital for green energy projects
- It will allow for green energy to be sold below market cost, due to their efficient and straightforward fundraising methods
- Selected to join Australia’s Startupbootcamp Energy Australia Excellerator (SBC)
- Supported by Energy Australia and Spotless
- Partnering with Elering
- Currently listed on Binance, Huobi, Liqui, IDEX, EtherDelta and others
Other than these examples, many cryptocurrency projects aim to solve a need, which can only be accomplished with decentralized blockchain technology. There are usually two sides to everything, including new technology. It can either provide a great service or disservice to mankind and the world, depending how the technology is implemented.
Time, focus and money are all forms of energy so if you choose to invest, implementing that extra layer of ethical qualification can make a bigger impact than you think.